Virgin Coconut oil is all the hype these days. It is gaining popularity due to its ‘n’ number of uses and benefits to mankind. Virgin Coconut Oil as opposed to refined coconut oil is free of hydrogenation & deodorization. It is extracted from coconuts without the application of heat. And that is how it retains the flavor and freshness of the oil and preserves all the natural goodness of the oil including its high content of vitamin E and minerals, which are otherwise robbed from the ordinary coconut oil during processes like heating, filtration, refining, and bleaching done to make it colorless and odorless.
Here are 5 ways you can use virgin coconut oil in your daily life –
- Look no further if you want long lustrous beautiful hair – Virgin Coconut oil helps penetrates into the scalp easily due to its composition of mainly small medium chain fatty acids. It helps in regrowth of hair, eliminates dandruff and leaves your hair soft and manageable. Massage it into your scalp 2 hours before shampoo (you can leave it overnight too) and see the difference.
- Moisturizer for extremely dry skin – Virgin Coconut oil can be used as a moisturizer if you have dry rough skin. A little goes a long way, you only need few drops to massage it on to your skin. It does not leave a greasy texture, and helps in fighting acne and other skin problems.
- Inexpensive Makeup remover – You don’t always have to splurge on expensive makeup removers. Virgin Coconut oil does an amazing job in removing all the makeup and dirt from the face. It removes water proof mascara from my lashes in just seconds! Take few drops of the oil on to your palm, gently massage it on your face and wipe it off with a wet wipe. Voila, makeup gone!
- Cooking – Virgin Coconut oil is among very few oils that does not get damaged when heated to high temperatures like frying and baking. It improves digestion, strengthen the immune system & help in losing weight. I love to heat some virgin coconut oil in a pan and toast a bread, it tastes really delicious.
- Act as a shaving cream – Unlike traditional shaving creams, this does not dry out the skin and act as a barrier by creating a protective layer over skin as you shave. It leaves the skin moisturized and reduces razor burn.
I use 100% Natural & Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil by Max Care. You can buy it from here.